Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another First

Today we experienced a few firsts. Today was the first time I spent $60 on dance clothes, including ballet slippers. And today was our first time sitting through parent, student orientation for the Ballet West Academy. Rylan has been offered, and has accepted, a scholarship for the upcoming year at the academy. Apparently he must have turned a few heads over the last year with the workshops he was involved in. He will dance three days a week for an hour and a half...wow what a commitment for all of us. I never thought the first pair of ballet slippers I bought would be for my oldest son. Congratulations to Rylan on a fantastic opportunity. I hope he really enjoys it.

5 comments:

Cormorant said...

Congratulations Rylan

A Paperback Writer said...

That's wonderful! I'm so glad, but I'm not surprised. You've been dragging him to dance since he was an embryo; it's no wonder he has a sense of rhythm and good muscle memory for steps -- plus no stage fright whatsoever. Think of how many dance teachers he's actually had for years. Now he can get the formal training and learn to do things in a polished way. Perhaps he'll even get to travel and such to perform. This will open up so many opportunities for him.
And really, sixty dollars isn't so much if you think what he's getting in return for your investment.

A Paperback Writer said...

Oh, and it's also because he's a boy. A girl of the same age would have to be at least 3 times as good as Rylan currently is in order to merit the same scholarship.

It ain't fair, but it's true. :P

my family blog/my professional blog said...

rylan that is awesome. congratulations. it will be a wonderful experience. I am not surprised is has been dancing since he was young. Cogratulations Rylan. Oh amy by the way i have your books on CD still. you can come get them anytime. hope to talk to you later.
love you all. and have been thinking about you. keep in touch.
Oh and tell Erik Happy Belated birthday. i thought about him on his day I just forgot when I had a chance to call.

Unknown said...

Amy I love your blog. thanks for sharing. I like keeping up with what is going on in your life. I also know that you are busy.If you want to come visit I still have your books on tape you can pick up. It will give you an excuse when you get the chance and are up this way. sounds like you have had a very fun and eventful summer.