Friday, March 26, 2010

Sick

***Update... Alyssa did end up getting what Colton had and was every bit as sick, she suffered most from high fevers(103.8). She doesn't cope as well as her brothers so she really kept us hopping for a few days. Then Rylan came down with strep on Monday. I am holding my breath that he doesn't share with everyone else. I tend to be vulnerable to strep. As of today they are all doing better, just a little more tired than usual.*** I feel like I ought to have a degree in pharmacology or nursing or something after the week we've had. Last Sunday Colton came down with a cold/cough/fever kind of thing. He pretty much slept his way through the week, not eating, no school, just plain miserable. On Thursday when I got home from work I could see he really wasn't doing very well. I called the doctors office and took him in. The first thing they did was check his oxygen saturation and discovered he was at 85%, normal is above 90%. So they quickly gave him a breathing treatment, and we narrowly avoided a trip to the hospital. He has bronchiolitis. They sent us home with some steriods to open his airway and breathing treatments to loosen the junk in his lungs. So on top of his four daily medications and tylenol for his fever we added two asthma meds and decongestant. I have spent well over $100 this week on their daily meds and all the extra ones.

Then this morning Alyssa woke up with a fever and cough. She has spent the entire day dozing on the couch. Here we go again. Please, please don't let anyone else catch this junk.

2 comments:

Cloudkicker said...

Oh no! That's definitely no fun at all. I hope everyone's better soon.

A Paperback Writer said...

Ugh. Hope you have decent insurance.