Monday, September 8, 2008

Oktoberfest





Saturday we danced at Snowbird's Oktoberfest for the first time in many years. It was great fun despite the less than ideal staging conditions. They had us dancing on a hill, out away from the main venue, right in front of the beer line, which kept people walking right through us while we danced. We did have fun though, we just laughed as we gradually wandered down the hill. In case you were wondering, Rylan has become quite the photographer and takes pictures when we are both dancing. I'm just glad we have a digital camera so his experiments don't cost a fortune.

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Maybe I'm not so sorry I missed it.
Why would they put us away from the main venue? Duh.
Hills. Oh yeah. Always fun.

Cloudkicker said...

I remember dancing at Oktoberfest! I miss dancing! I swear if I ever live within 2 hours of practice I will come again! I'm also glad I found your blog. You neglected to tell me you started one or I'd have been checking in from the beginning. :) I love your Friday quotes. :) I miss you! Give Erik a hug and a head pat for me. :)

dancinfool said...

I meant to tell you, but the self concious part of me sometimes still takes control. That is why I waited so long to start in the first place.

Cloudkicker said...

That's okay. :) Not offended. I'm glad I found my way to your blog by way of the the Narodna blog by way of the Wilson family blog. Whew! :)