Saturday, September 27, 2008

the hills are alive with the sound of...children




Today we decided to spend the day hiking up City Creek Canyon. The entire path is paved which is perfect for us since Alyssa doesn't walk very far. We packed up the basket under the stroller with drinks and snacks and made an adventure out of the afternoon. We made it half way to the top, which is three miles. At that point we decided to take a break and get a bite to eat. Once they had a chance to rest I forced the kids to comply with my hobby of picture taking. I just cannot afford school pictures, and they never turn out anyway, so I make them put up with a photo shoot every fall. I may not be a fantastic photographer, but I think I do okay, and they don't give me the fake/terrible smiles they give the professionals. When they do get silly I can call it quits without losing a ton of money.I came away pleased, except that Alyssa fell asleep half way back down the canyon so I didn't get many shots of her. We saw a little bit of wildlife, but some critters I could have done without.
All in all we had a good time and got some much needed exercise too. I was impressed with the boys who walked the entire way, six miles round trip. I bet they sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

I like the one where A. has that evil gleam in her eye. :)
I spent the day up a canyon, too. Go visit my blog and see.

Oh, and I have more grandstudents than I thought. This year I have 2 seventh graders where I taught both their parents.