Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Out Sick

Please forgive me for my prolonged absence, we are still alive, but seem to have encountered a string of illnesses that keeps me pretty busy. I have had a cold with a cough that just won't go away. The kids have all had milder versions of my cold. Erik has just been diagnosed with strep throat, and Alyssa is now showing signs of it. Her rapid strep test was negative today, but so was Erik's, his two day culture came back positive on Sunday, so I fully expect a call from the doctor's office about Thursday saying her's is positive too. She has gone downhill all day long, and when the Princess is sick she becomes a real tyrant.

Colton's injury is healing well, I ended up taking his stitches out over three or four days (yes I took them out myself, I do it at work, so why pay someone else to do it) because when I took the first two out it started to open up. So I waited until the next day and took one out on the other end, and it started to separate too. So then I waited two more days and then took the other three out and put butterfly closures on it to reinforce things. It still separated a bit, but is looking great now. He is one tough boy.

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Sorry about all the bad news.
See what happens when you stop dancing for awhile? Everything falls apart....

dancinfool said...

Turns out that Alyssa, and then Colton had Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. Not much fun, not only did they have the sore throat, then they got an itchy rash on their hands and feet. Glad to be done with that one.