Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dancing in the Peace Gardens






Today we danced in the anual program at the International Peace Gardens. The weather was nice, only in the 8o's which is unusual. We were small in numbers, but big in spirit. The program went great. One part that was unexpectedly difficult for me was the Armed Forces salute. With my cousin being killed in Iraq in October, and my uncle who was an army colonel passing away in April, my thoughts couldn't help but turn to them. I was not able to attend either funeral due to the long distances, so I find my greif assults me at unexpected times. This occasion was no exception. I expect salutes such as this will always bring back difficult memories.

1 comment:

Cloudkicker said...

I completely understand! My dad was in the Air Force when I was born and I think of him during those salutes. I often get choked up.